Cartage Coordinator (International Freight)
We are seeking an experienced Cartage Coordinator to join our growing team in Ravenhall, Melbourne.
Day to day duties will include :
- Coordinating daily FCL, LCL and airfreight shipments
- Liaising with transport companies, internal departments and clients
- Organising timeslots
- Coordinating the development and implementation of key transport strategies and action plans that ensure sustainable long-term goals.
- Incorporate & embrace workflow processes and procedures with intention to work towards a paperless environment
- Advising and providing strategic, technical support to line managers on matters of transport and distribution.
- Developing and implementing innovative and sustainable business improvement programs.
- Auditing, analysing and reporting transport performance to internal and external clients and regulatory bodies.
- Quote Specialty projects & or destinations
- Ensure all deliveries are conducted smoothly with proper documentation.
- Follow company procedures relating to any issues raised regarding transport providers.
- Involve and receive feedback from staff daily/ongoing
- Co-ordinate effective and efficient routing of all deliveries and staff to ensure maximum delivery and service
- Regular discussion with Sales representatives and branch manager in regards to customer requirements and transport feedback.
- Monitoring deliveries and ensuring deadlines are met
To qualify for this role you must have the following skills and experience:
- Experience in a fast paced cartage department & work within a team environment
- Previous experience in Cartage Coordination within a Freight Forwarding company essential (2 Years Minimum)
- Experience using CargoWise One & ABF ICS System
- Exposure to Workflow / paperless environment an advantage
- Exceptional communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Time Management skills
- Basic Fleet control skills
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive salary package and future growth opportunities.
If you have the necessary experience and drive, please apply now.
Please note, only successful applicants will be contacted.