Operations All Rounder - International Freight Forwarding
A brand new opportunity has arisen for a self motivated, energetic and experienced Operations All Rounder for the Freight Forwarding and Logistics industry.
The role of a Operations All Rounder will be to liaise with both current and potential key account customers, communicating on a daily basis with our offices and Agents around the world to deliver the customer’s shipments efficiently, with a high level of customer service.
- Acts as key contact for allocated key account customers, maintaining and building strong relationships
- Order management & shipment monitoring
- Arrange transport (Air, LCL and FCL)
- Liaise with overseas offices and Agents via email and phone on air and sea freight movements from start to finish
- Providing visibility to key account customers via status reports, emails and phone calls
- Liaising with operational teams to ensure smooth handling of shipments and ensuring any service issues are actioned and resolved
- Respond to customer queries including any customer complaints; solves customer complaints or assigns tasks to other departments accordingly
- Submitting quotations to clients as required
The successful applicant must display the following skill sets:
- Previous industry experience (2+ years preferred)
- Experienced using CargoWise One
- Experience in Imports / Exports
- Experience handing Air and Sea Freight
- Have excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently, to prioritise workload and have great time management skills
- Extensive knowledge of freight forwarding operations
- Ability to think laterally and find quick and effective solutions to problems
- Professional presentation and the confidence to meet with your key account customers
- Knowledge of Customs and Quarantine procedures favourable
If you are interested in this opportunity to join a growing Australian owned Freight Forwarder / 3PL, please apply now.
Please note only successful candidates will be contacted.